Sweet Potato Red Pepper Soup
- Cooking time
- 4 Persons
- Nutritional value for one portion
- 360 kcal/ 1510 kJ, 42 g carbs, 5 g protein, 18 g fat
- Recipe PDF | Press foto
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C (390°F).
2. Peel and cube the sweet potatoes and place them onto an oven tray. Add the diced red peppers, onion and garlic cloves, then drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and toss to evenly coat.
3. Transfer the tray to the oven and roast for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are softened.
4. Transfer the roasted potatoes, peppers, onion and peeled garlic to a blender. Pour in the vegetable stock and coconut milk and season with grated fresh ginger, sweet paprika powder and nutritional yeast. Blend on high-speed until smooth and creamy.
5. Pour the soup into a large saucepan and heat over low/medium heat for 5 minutes or until the soup is heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the Sweet Potato Red Pepper Soup alongside freshly toasted bread and garnish with a drizzle of vegan cream, tarragon and toasted pine nuts.