Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad
- Cooking time
- 4 Persons
- Nutritional value for one portion
- 700 kcal/ 2940 kJ, 67 g carbs, 18 g protein, 37 g fat
1. Preheat oven to 200°C top/bottom heat. Peel garlic and cut into slices. Wash the thyme. Peel and wash the beetroot and cut into approx. 2×2 cm cubes and mix with 2 tablespoons oil, maple syrup, garlic and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Place the beetroot mixture on a baking tray lined with baking paper and cook in the oven for approx. 35 minutes.
2. Peel and wash sweet potatoes, cut into cubes of approx. 2×2 cm, mix with 1 tablespoon oil, place on the baking tray and cook for approx. 15-20 minutes.
3. Prepare the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet. Cut the lettuce into strips, wash and spin dry. Cut feta into cubes, put into a small casserole dish, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and put into the oven for about 5-10 minutes. Wash and halve the tomatoes.
4. Coarsely chop the walnuts, roast in a small coated pan until golden brown and remove. Clean and halve the fennel, remove the stalk and cut into strips. Fry in the remaining heated oil for about 5 minutes.
5. For the dressing halve and squeeze the orange. Puree the juice with the vinegar, 1 tbsp. cooked sweet potato cubes and maple syrup and season with salt and pepper.
6. Arrange the salad ingredients decoratively in large salad bowls and drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle with feta cubes and walnuts and serve.
Tip: Instead of feta you can also take goat cheese.