Sweet Potato Pizza
- Cooking time
- 2 Persons
- Nutritional value for one portion
- 1100 kcal/4620 kJ, 31 g protein, 28 g fat, 168 g carbs
1. Bake the sweet potatoes by pricking holes in them with a fork and placing them wrapped in foil in an oven at 200 degrees for 50 minutes. Puree them and set aside 40 grams for the base.
2. Base: place the yeast in a bowl and dissolve the yeast and the sugar in 100 ml of warm water and add the sweet potato puree. Stir mixture until smooth. Mix the flour and the salt together in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle and pour the yeast solution into it. Pour in the oil and the rest of the water. Mix the pizza dough by hand or machine into a coherent mass which does not stick to the edge of the bowl. Remove the pizza dough from the bowl and knead it into a supple dough (about 10 minutes).
3. Roll the pizza dough into a ball and leave it to rise, covered and in a warm spot, for one hour.
4. Divide the dough into two portions and roll each portion into a ball. Dust the worktop with flour and roll the pizza dough out into a circle with a diameter of 20 cm. Place the pizza dough on a baking tray and make the edges slightly thicker so that the sauce cannot run off
5. Preheat the oven to the highest setting, e.g. 275 degrees.
6. Sauce: make a tomato sauce. Pour the oil into a thick bottomed pan. Place the pan on a high heat. Sauté the chopped onions and the garlic in this for about 2 minutes. Then add the passata. Bring to the boil and lower the heat. Leave the sauce to simmer for about 10 minutes without the lid, then add the rest of the sweet potato puree. This will thicken the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Leave to cool and divide between the bases. Baked these with just the sauce until they are nice and crispy before applying the toppings! Distribute all the ingredients across the pizzas.