Sweet Potato Club Sandwich
- Cooking time
- 4 Persons
- Nutritional value for one portion
- 950 kcal/3990 kJ, 21 g protein, 54 g fat, 85 g carbs
1. Wash the salad and spin dry. Mix the cocktail sauce and cream cheese and season with salt and pepper. Peel and wash the sweet potatoes and cut them into thin slices of 1 cm.
2. Heat 1⁄2 tbsp oil in a pan, cook bacon until crisp, remove and set on paper towels. For the vegetarian version: cut the smoked tofu in slices and pan fry until crispy. Put the slices of sweet potato in the pan with the rest of the oil (and the bacon grease), fry until golden brown on both sides, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Toast the bread in a toaster until golden brown and spread the cocktail sauce on all twelve slices. Put lettuce, sweet potato slices and bacon or smoked tofu on six of the slices. Top each sandwich with a second slice of bread, sauce side down, and carefully press together. Cut the sandwiches in half diagonally, secure with the toothpicks, and serve.
Our tip: Our recipe for crispy sweet potato skins goes well with the club sandwich.