Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse
- Cooking time
- 4 Persons
- Nutritional value for one portion
- 530 kcal / 2220 kj, 7 g protein, 37 g fat, 40 g carbs
1. Peel, wash and cut approx. 200 g of the sweet potatoes into pieces. Cook them in boiling water for around 10-15 minutes. Drain and pat dry, then puree and let cool off.
2. Coarsely chop chocolate. Heat the cream, add the chocolate and 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and whisked until it is melted. Combine the mixture with sweet potatoes and puree once again. Refrigerate overnight.
3. Cut the remaining sweet potatoes into small cubes. Finely chop the walnuts and roast them together with the diced sweet potatoes in a small, coated pan. While stirring regularly, add the remaining maple syrup and simmer until the syrup has boiled down. Spread the mixture onto baking paper and let it cool.
4. Sort and eventually wash berries. Wash mint leaves and pat dry. Beat the sweet potato-chocolate mixture with a hand-mixer until it is light and fluffy.
5. Place the sweet potato chocolate mousse and berries on a dessert plate or layer them in glasses. Decorate with mint leaves and sweet potato-walnut mixture and serve.