Home › Recipes › Sweet Potato Burger with Avocado Cream
Sweet Potato Burger with Avocado Cream
- Nutritional value for one portion
- 532 kcal / 207,5 kj, 13,1 g protein, 16,3 g fat, 79,5 g carbs
- For the patties, pre-heat oven to 200°C (180°C convection oven). Peel sweet potatoes, cut into chunks, spread on a baking tray and bake for 20 min until tender. Rinse black beans with cold water and leave to drain, then purée with sweet potatoes. Wash red bell pepper and dice finely. Skin the onion and dice as well. Then braise both lightly in a pan with olive oil. Season with cumin and cayenne pepper then place in a bowl together with the purée. Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste. Thicken with bread crumbs if necessary and let it rest for 30 min.
- Skin and stone avocado and blend with lime juice. Peel and crush garlic and stir in. Season with salt and pepper. Pick cilantro leaves from the stems, chop finely and stir in as well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Shape 4 patties from the sweet potato mix and fry on each side for 2 minute until golden.
- Slice up tomatoes. Slice jalapeños and whisk with mayo. Cut bread rolls in half, toast, and spread the bottom half with mayo. Garnish lettuce and tomatoes, and add a sweet potato patty. Top with a blob of avocado cream and place the other half face down on top.