Sweet Potato Bread
- Cooking time
- 4 Persons
- Nutritional value for one portion
- 240 kcal / 1000 kj, 4 g protein, 11 g fat, 29 g carbs
1. Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Cook in slightly salted, boiling water. Let them drain, blend until creamy and let cool off.
2. Finely chop the walnuts. Dissolve the yeast in approx. 180 ml lukewarm water. Knead sweet potatoes with yeast-water, 1 tablespoon salt, wheat and spelt flour, maple syrup, and walnuts to form a smooth dough. Let it rise for approx. 4 hours in a warm place.
3. Pre-heat oven to 230°C top/bottom heat (210°C circulating air). Place dough on a floured work surface (dough is a little sticky, but do not add more flour). Briefly pull it in length and fold it like an envelope, but do not flatten (do not knead the dough).
4. Put the loaf into an ovenproof, greased pot, powder with some flour and cut a cross in the surface with a sharp knife. Cover with the lid and place the pot for approx. 1 hour in the pre-heated oven.
5. For the maple syrup butter, blend soft butter with maple syrup and refine with fine sea salt or vanilla sugar to taste. Cut the bread into slices and serve with maple butter.