Spanish Sweet Potato Croquettes
- Cooking time
- 4 Persons
- Nutritional value for one portion
- 790 kcal / 3310 kj, 30 g protein, 70 g fat, 80 g carbs
1. Peel sweet potatoes and cut them into cubes. Cook them in slightly salted, boiling water for approx. 10-15 minutes. Drain sweet potatoes, pat them dry, mash them and let them cool off.
2. Melt butter in a pan under low heat. Peel onion and cut into cubes. Slice ham into small cuts and grate or dice the cheese. Wash the parsley, pat dry and chop finely. Add onion and ham in the heated butter and roast them briefly. Add 100 g flour and sauté everything. Pour in milk while whisking and bring to a boil.
3. Add parsley, sweet potatoes, cheese, and breadcrumbs, stir together and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Let it cool. Mix in 2 eggs and refrigerate the mixture for approx. 1 hour.
4. For the dip, wash the lime, grate some zest, cut it in half and squeeze lime juice. Cut olives into small dices. Mix yoghurt with maple syrup, lime zest, lime juice and olives. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Get three deep plates and fill one of them with flour, one with whisked eggs and one with breadcrumbs.
6. Wet your hands and carefully shape the sweet potato mixture into 16 croquettes. Dip the croquettes first in flour, then in the scrambled eggs and lastly in the breadcrumbs.
7. Heat the oil and deep-fry the croquettes separately until crispy and golden. Let them drain on a paper towel and serve with the lime-olive-yoghurt mixture.