Hasselback Sweet Potatoes “Mexican Style”
- Cooking time
- 4 Persons
- Nutritional value for one portion
- 780 kcal / 3270 kj, 20 g protein, 40 g fat, 79 g carbs
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C top/bottom heat (180°C circulating air). Wash sweet potatoes, place them between the handles of two wooden spoons and cut thin slices until the knife touches the spoons. Put potatoes on a small baking tray, drizzle them with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt. Bake them for 40 minutes in the oven.
2. Cut bacon slices into small strips, mix with cheese and spread the mixture on the sweet potatoes. Bake for another 10-20 minutes (depending on the size).
3. Rinse and drain kidney beans and corn. Wash tomatoes and cut them in half. Peel and cut garlic clove and onion into small cubes. Fry them with the remaining olive oil. Add the tomatoes and fry briefly. Then add kidney beans, corn, crème fraîche and maple syrup, stir and bring to a boil. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili flakes.
4. Wash limes and cut them into slices or wedges. Wash and dry the cilantro. Serve sweet potatoes with the “Mexican Style” vegetables on plates and garnish with lime slices and some cilantro.