Crispy Sweet Potato Skins with Sweet Potato BBQ Sauce
- Cooking time
- 4 Persons
- Nutritional value for one portion
- 150 kcal/630 kJ, 2 g protein, 9 g fat, 13 g carbs
1. To make the sweet potato BBQ sauce, wash the sweet potatoes, peel (you can reserve the peels to make the potato skins), and cube. Wash the tomatoes, remove the stems, and cube the tomatoes as well. Peel the garlic and onion, finely chop the garlic and dice the onion finely.
2. To make the sweet potato BBQ sauce, heat the oil in a pan, add the sweet potatoes, tomatoes, garlic and onions, and sauté. Add the tomato paste, orange juice and maple syrup, bring to a boil and cook uncovered for around 5 minutes until reduced. Puree the sauce and season with smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
3. To make the avocado dip, cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and lift out the flesh, mash the avocado, mix with lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat the oven to 180° C convection. To make the crispy sweet potato skins, spread the peels on one or two baking sheets lined with parchment paper, drizzle some olive oil on them, and bake for 10-15 minutes until crisp (depending on the desired crispness and the thickness of the peels, the baking time may be somewhat longer). Season with salt and serve with the dips.