Sweet Potato Pollock Burger
- Cooking time
- 4 Persons
- Nutritional value for one portion
- 970 kcal/ 4070 kJ, 86 g carbs, 43 g protein, 48 g fat
1. For the buns: peel sweet potatoes, wash, dice and cook in lightly salted boiling water for about 10 minutes. Drain and puree them.
2. Heat the milk, crumble the yeast and dissolve it in the milk. Knead with the flour, ½ tsp salt, the sugar, the mashed sweet potatoes, one egg yolk and the butter to a smooth dough. Cover the dough and leave to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour. Divide into 4 portions, form into buns and leave to rise for another 30 minutes.
3. For the BBQ maple syrup sauce: peel onion and garlic and cut into cubes. Wash the tomatoes and sauté them in hot oil with the onion and garlic until the tomatoes burst slightly. Add tomato paste and maple syrup and let sauté briefly. Add 100 ml water, the ketchup and the broth, bring to the boil and simmer without lid for approx. 10 minutes. Puree the sauce and season with salt, pepper and paprika powder.
4. Preheat oven to 200°C top/bottom heat. Place buns on a baking tray lined with baking paper, spread with egg white and bake in the oven for approx. 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Then leave to cool on a cake rack.
5. For the filling: peel and wash the sweet potatoes and cut them into 2-3 mm thin slices. Fry slices in portions in 1 tbsp. heated oil from each side for approx. 1-2 minutes, season with salt and pepper and keep warm in a switched off oven.
6. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze out the juice. Wash pollock fillets, dab dry, divide into 4 portions, sprinkle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Fry with remaining oil of the sweet potatoes on each side for about 4-5 minutes.
7. Wash salad and pat dry. Cut the buns open and coat both halves with BBQ sauce. Cover the lower halves as follows: salad, sweet potatoes, coalfish and sprouts. Place the upper halves on top and serve.
Preparation time: approx. one hour
Resting time: approx. 1,5 hours
Baking time: approx. 20-25 minutes