Baked Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- Cooking time
- 4 Persons
- Nutritional value for one portion
- 1000 kcal/4200 kJ, 23 g protein, 46 g fat, 117 g carbs
- Recipe PDF | Press foto
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. Brush them all over with olive oil and prick them with a fork here and there. Cut the top off the garlic bulb.
2. Place the garlic and sweet potatoes on an oven rack and put them in the oven for 50 minutes to cook through (they’re cooked when they feel soft). Remove the skin immediately.
3. Mash the sweet potato into a dry puree using a fork or potato masher. If the sweet potatoes are very damp, leave to evaporate thoroughly.
4. Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins and mix them through the sweet potato puree. Season the puree with salt and pepper.
5. Sieve the flour over the sweet potato puree and knead into a firm but supple dough; don’t knead for too long, since this will make it tough. Divide the dough into quarters or eighths, roll into balls on a flour-covered work surface. Then roll it into thin cylinders approx. 1.5 cm thick. Cut the cylinders into 2 cm lengths and press grooves into them on 1 side using the back of a fork.
Tip: If the dough is too flaccid you can firm it up by briefly placing it in the freezer and then cutting it.
6. Boil the gnocchi in a large pan with salt for 21⁄2 minutes. Drain the gnocchi in a colander. Melt the butter in a frying pan and brown the gnocchi in this with a pinch of salt. Place the gnocchi on a large plate and serve with a dollop of crème fraîche, the crumbled cheese, the rocket and the fresh herbs.